Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January Sermons

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I get to sit in my room and concentrate on class material and upcoming sermons. Well, today as I was working on some sermon ideas for the remainder of the month I realized the blog could be used as a place for your sermon requests. So if you have a topic or passage you'd like to hear a sermon on let me know.

I want to make it clear, that I will not always preach the sermon and it's not because I don't like you. Some times more pressing things will need to be addressed. Some times it will take more time to fully understand the topic and may not be preached immediately. But I would appreciate any input you'd like to contribute.

These are subject to change, but here are the sermons I've preached or will preach in the month of January

1/3/10: Glorifying God (based on Acts 9)
1/10/10: The Power and Love of God (based on Deuteronomy 10)
1/17/10: The Nature of Some False Teachers (2 Peter 2)
1/24/10: The Future of False Teachers, Their Followers & the Godly (2 Peter 2)


2 comments:

  1. I've recently become increasingly aware of a tactic that Satan is using to disuade the youth of our generation from being godly or following Christ.
    Many movies portray being a virgin past, say, 18 as a huge flaw in ones life. If one is, they are picked on incessantly, encouraged to lose it, and most eventually succumb to such temptations.
    Kids are being made fun of for following Christ, instead of being persecuted as Christ was in his time. This particular method is apparently most effective, and I've been thinking on this subject recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, this is William.

    Enjoyed your sermon on false teachers. It's interesting that people think of a false teacher as someone who says, "2+2=5" but it's really much more than that.

    ReplyDelete